[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFD] Something...

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Sun Apr 13 00:46:34 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > If you're using a junky vo like xv or x11, yes, I'll believe that
> > for sure. On the other hand, comparing xine to mplayer -vo [x]mga or
> > even-vo fbdev is probably a joke.
>
> Just curious: What would be a good vo? Last time I tried xvidix
> doesn't even compile on linux/ppc, let alone work. DirectFB might work
> but I haven't tried it lately.
Probably the problem is between the computer and the chair...
I'm using xvidix on PPC (PowerMac G3 Blue&White with Rage128) most of
the time. It works flawlessly...

> I rather trust the junky vo Xv than run something written by whatever
> developer by poking in random registers of hardware. I trust Nick in
> this regard but doubt he'd get it right for non-x86 without the
> hardware. It's trivial to fry a GPU, so I'd rather not try/trust such
> code on my PowerBook.
It's up to you..
Xf86 pokes into the registers too, as it's using the drivers made by the
GATOS (gatos.sf.net) team, and Nick's drivers are based on the gatos
ones.

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)