[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: stupid option handling.. again???

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Sat Apr 12 15:45:03 CEST 2003

Hi!

It is clear that I don't know the config code at all - feel free to flame
(better not:)) - but than I misunderstood Albeau.
So if module is dlopend, there is no way to let mplayer know what options
that module supports. In this case each module could have  a function
that returns a pointer to its config structure - and than the module
doesn't depend on mplayer, but mplayer depends on features of the module.

modules dlopened is nice for at least 2 reasons imho:
- you can delete any plugin you
don't need without recompiling and/or editing different files.
- third parties can make filters without getting flamed here all day (i don't
whether there would be such 3rd parties, but still)

Of course all of these could be done through patches, which you have to
maintain, etc.

bye
Denes