[MPlayer-dev-eng] Which part do I need in MPlayer-0.90 ?

DINH Viêt Hoà dinh.viet.hoa at smartdis.com
Fri Apr 11 10:50:43 CEST 2003

thcuong wrote :

> Hi everybody,
> After bombing the 3 mailing list with a newbie question (I'll say sorry
> to ones who get angry with those mails), I found a stable version, named
> MPlayer-0.90 and finally run it well.
>
> Now, to build my own (just for fun and for learning) very small MPEG-1
> player, which package in that whole MPlayer-0.90.tar.bz2 I need to start
> with? I like the idea of having my own Interface :)

What I did is to let mplayer do the rendering of movie.
I just built a vo driver to communicate with my own interface, through
unix socket (or pipe). I notify each time a frame is rendered.

I note just one problem :

When I do that, it seems that mplayer uses more user resources,
initially, it was 3 sec of cpu consumption for a 15 sec mpeg2 movie,
now it is 7 sec of cpu consumption.

Does someone know where all this cpu consumption is going ?

--
DINH V. Hoà - Ingénieur R&D - R&D Engineer - SMARTDIS
30, rue Joseph Bonnet - 33000 Bordeaux - France