[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: stupid option handling.. again???

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Fri Apr 11 04:37:15 CEST 2003

    Hi, Anders Johansson!

Sometime (on Friday, April 11 at  5:04) I've received something...
>Hi Alban and Andriy,

>Hope you don't mind me entering your discussion.

I don't mind even a little. :)

[.......]

>I just wanted to point out that there is an alternative approach to
>defining the options available for a module. I found it in alsa-lib,
>they are using a config file for each device driver that describes the
>available options for that driver. Once the config file is parsed
>(builds a tree of structs) the settings are scanned from the driver
>and filled in. It seems quite flexible.

Personally I don't like that way since it will get config parser even
more complicated. I prefer flex but simple ways.

>> >Another thing that i don't like is all the changes you did in
>> >m_config.c.

>It is funny how we give away or source and then try to protect it :)
>just kidding, but please contact me when you port the new config
>system to af I really want to be a part of it.

I'll contact you as soon as we reach a consent with Albeu. I've sent him
a letter and I wait an answer now.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.