[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: stupid option handling.. again???

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Apr 10 18:07:29 CEST 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 10:51:15AM +0200, Alban Bedel wrote:
> Winner of tha face compo wrote:
> >'main'
> >
> >mplayer ize.mpg -vop idontwannafilters

> >Option vop: idontwannafilters doesn't exist
> >And quit.
> As it should imho. I just hate having to check the output just to see if
> a filter is really used or not.

How about adding a dummy/do-nothing filter that passes through
everything. That would some the problem for now... Or, just make a
special code that the config parser interprets (e.g. "none") to clear
the filter list.

But I also think putting vop=pp in your config is a dumb idea...
Postproc is a very bad idea unless you're watching really bad low
quality movies.

Rich