[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: demux_ts and AC3 help

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 6 16:52:06 CEST 2003

Hi,

> The sample I'm using is this:
>
> http://www.hdpg.co.kr/hdtv/jewelry1.tp
>
> (with 2 channels sound).
>
> The 0x1bd is present in the PES  header, you can see it with mplayer -v -v.
>
> I'll re-check.

ok i've checked it.
you forgot to mention that mplayer prints teh buffer full message (too many
X packets in buffer). it seems HDTV streams use so high bitrates that the
current buffer limits (max 4096 packets in max 8 MBytes) are not enough to
cover the A-V stream position distance. Increasing it fixes playback for me:
#define MAX_PACKS 16384

Also I have to note, that even my sys (P4 1.8GHz) is too slow to play it
without -framedrop... it plays, but audio goes faster then video and the a-v
distance keeps growing until it reach the (increased) limits.
then sound is gone...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team