[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: fullscreen problem with metacity 2.4]]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Sep 30 19:39:03 CEST 2002

--------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com>
To: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re:  fullscreen problem with metacity 2.4]]

Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> writes:

> unfortunately kde 3.1 seems to ignores it while works with the always_on_top :(

We should be able to get a fix into KDE though. Just file a bug report
there.

You can check whether the WM supports _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN, see
the gdk_x11_net_wm_supports() or whatever call in GTK 2.0.  If a WM
supports _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN you should _only_ send the
fullscreen message - don't change window decorations, resize, or
anything else. But if the WM doesn't support FULLSCREEN, use various
fallbacks. This way if say KDE adds FULLSCREEN support, you'll
immediately use it.

Havoc