[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] mplayer+xv/x11+kde3+fs broken again

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 29 04:08:53 CEST 2002

Hi,

> just wanted to notice, that vo xv/x11 fullscreen is broken again with current
> CVS, bug is that toolbars (lie kasbar and windowbar) are still visible in
> fullscreen. I'm using KDE 3.1beta1.
> I dunno when exactly it got broken, but it used to work fine with this same
> KDE version.

try to reverse this change in x11_common.c:

-   e.xclient.data.l[1]=XInternAtom( mDisplay,"_NET_WM_STATE_STAYS_ON_TOP" ,False );
+   e.xclient.data.l[1]=XInternAtom( mDisplay,"_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN" ,False );

if it helps, it may mean that kde is broken... according to teh wm spec
at http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/1.2/html/x224.html:

"_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN indicates that the window should fill the entire
screen and have no window decorations. For example, a presentation program
would use this hint."

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team