[MPlayer-dev-eng] [QUESTION] (movie length = movi_end-movi_start) / sh_video->i_bps = length in seconds ? & libmplayer - REPOST

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at KMLinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Sat Sep 28 20:03:25 CEST 2002

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 02:32:00PM +0200, Balatoni Denes wrote:
> The xmms plugin needs to know the length - and I thought seeking to the end
> on a fast 206 mhz strongarm cpu must take some noticable amount of time, but
> I can't check that .

To my knowledge it's even impossible to reach the exact end of file with one
seek because demux_seek(.., 1.0, ..) just fails. I currently use a hack
which reaches something very close to EOF by halving the interval
usually taking around 5 seeks but didn't dare to post it here :)

--
Jindrich Makovicka