[MPlayer-dev-eng] New audio filter layer

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 25 15:54:17 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have finally come to a state in the development of the new audio
filter layer where I can show my work. The patch is attached to this
mail. I still have some problems with the buffering. If you want to
help me have a look at line 179 in dec_audio.c. Sometimes I have to
throw away data in order to avoid buffer over flow in buf this only
happens when forward/backward but is still annoying and makes the
aflayer unsuitable to use with mencoder.

The new and fun stuff is:

1. Resampling from any to any sample rate.
2. Auto configuration
3. Changing the number of channels to any number of channels.

Anyway it as you can see the patch is huge. Have a look and give me
feedback. I hope to apply it to CVS soon.

Cheers,
//Anders