[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fwd: [ANNOUNCE for developers] VIDIX interface has been changed

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 22 20:40:01 CEST 2002

--------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nick Kurshev <nickols_k at mail.ru>
To: mplayerxp-general at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [ANNOUNCE for developers] VIDIX interface has been changed

Hello!

The last months I really missed to public changes in vidix interface!
I just want to enumerate them here:

1. After fork:
there was changed logic of request of video buffers number:
Before driver might allocate any number of buffers by its opinion!
Now: application should tell to driver which number of buffers it should allocate:
vidix_playback.num_frames=WANTED_NUM_FRAMES;
vdlConfigPlayback()
if(idix_playback.num_frames!=WANTED_NUM_FRAMES)
{
/* try workaround on low video memory */
}

2. Just commited patch:
There was change of query_fourcc interface!
I've added 2 new field:
vidix_fourcc_t::srcw,srch

This change doesn't affect existed drivers but AFFECTS CALLER!
Now caller MUST fill them with correct values!
As it was found - many drivers require such info.
(It was found with radeon driver during pictures (.jpg) displaying
which have destroyed output if src_image_width (before scaling) is
greate than some magic numbers).

If you have some comments, criticism, feedbacks then feel-free send it me please!

Best regards! Nick