[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fwd: RE: Re: divx5linux & 2-pass encoding

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Sep 22 20:06:58 CEST 2002

Hi

On Sunday 22 September 2002 18:41, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > could please someone who know all this GPL legal mess help me preparing
> > > the divx4_vbr.c file ?
> >
> > Try1.
>
> Try2.
hmm
 *  OpenDivx comes with it's special license, but the MPlayer Project is
 *  allowed to distribute it under the GNU GPL license included in MPlayer
 *  with extra permissions from divxnetworks.
hmmm, sounds strange to me, gpl allows everyone to redistribute it so this is
confusing IMHO & IANAL & whatever ...

btw, just in case u dont know yet, opendivx/decore seems to be under GPL since
a few month :)
see cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.projectmayo.com:/cvsroot co divxcore

[...]

Michael