[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90 pre8 _TODAY_ ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Sep 19 15:17:19 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > actually i have an approx 1sec long wav file, which is played correctly
> > > with -ao alsa9, but doesn't work correctly with -ao oss...
> > >
> > > with -ao oss it sometimes plays a bit of the file, and sometimes doesn't
> > > play anything... it's as if it would be too short or what..
> > >
> > > but for normal size file ( like songs ) it plays the whole file.
> >
> > hmm
> > the oss driver drops the buffer content at exit - so it won't play the rest.
> > i'll look at it and fix, thanks for info that it's -ao specific :)

i've checked.
the oss driver resets the device before close - so drops the buffer contents.
imho it's the better behaviour, for video. maybe for uninit() we could avoid
dev reset, causing delay at exit.
i actually like that mplayer exits immediately when i press q, i don't have
to wait until the buffered audio is played to the end.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team