[MPlayer-dev-eng] QuickTime

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Wed Sep 18 20:43:18 CEST 2002

[snip]
> libmpeg2: No accelerated IDCT transform found
> libmpeg2: No accelerated motion compensation found
>
> it would be a nice feature if libmpeg2 would support those things under
> OSX but even better if the altivec or hardware accelerated version of
> the mpeg2 lib supported by the os itself could be used.
>

> > Rich
> >

> ktolis

The gist of what was said before:
Basically everything that is being worked on is for x86 (intel, amd, etc) arch specific.  If you would like this to be available, you should maybe help with the coding.  AFAIR or AFAIK, there is no one currently working on this for MAC arch stuff.  I do know there's someone that did work, but maybe they left?

/S. Smith