[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fullscreen not working properly after resolution change fixed (~patch included)

oliver oliver at are-b.org
Tue Sep 17 20:48:08 CEST 2002

Hi,

First off what the problem is/was. When I came back from vacation and
tried the latest mplayer cvs (aug 26th) I noticed that the picutre
wasn't centred anymore when changing resolutions (e.g. having a virtual
desktop). I need this for my TV out to work

 So after some reporting (and beeing ignored) on mplayer-users I decided
to take matters into my own hands and figure out when this happend and
where. After compiling mplayer a lot of times on diffrent CVS builds I
noticed the change occured on august 22nd. 21st's release worked fine,
august 22nd release didn't work. After some searching I found out that
libvo was the directory in question and the CVS/Entries file gave a way
to changed files. So after some testing x11_common.c had 2 changes done
that day.

Due to the multiple recompiling of mplayer i checked that it wasn't
caused my some of my compile options and I defaulted back to
--disable-mencoder --enable-gui at first, but i noticed disabling the
gui had some diffrence as well. When disabling the GUI the image isn't
diss allignent anymore. You have to manually move the virtal desktop
over to where mplayer thinks you wanna watch the movie. Anyway, I wanted
GUI so i left that one enabled.

The diffrence between 22nd of august and 21st is included in the diff
file called x11_common.c.diff After some last fine tuning I found the
one line causing (me) all this trouble.

As of today, (17th of september) that single line is still there. A
simple exclusion of line 533 fixes all my worries. x11_common.diff shows
this change.

I don't know if this is just a problem for me, or if more have this
issue, but I guess there's either a bug in that line, or it's not even
needed anyway since I haven't found any other diffrences having that
line excluded.

Thanks
oliver