[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: URGENT ASSISTANCE

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Sep 17 10:40:23 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:21:17AM +0200, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:
> Arpi wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > what about closing this list from non-subscribed postings?
>
> Yeah right. Close the lists. NOT. (I use news.gmane.org, not mail)

For mplayer-users it's a valid debate, but I see no reason for
mplayer-dev-eng to be an open list. It just invites user questions and
bug reports that don't belong here. I think everyone who's interested
in actual development can probably afford the effort to subscribe. If
they really can't handle the mail volume, there's always the "nopost"
option Arpi described...

Rich