[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder.c (1.94) bug: "-lavcopts vbitrate=XXX"

Dark Avenger adonis at linuxmail.org
Tue Sep 17 01:27:31 CEST 2002

I can confirm that with mencoder (that comes with Mplayer version 0.90pre6, I just got preso I haven't tested yet), as well as CVS right before pre6, whatever AVI I encoded (mostly MPEG4, or reencoded MSMPEG4 AVIS (i kept the video stream intact, and reencoded the PCM audio into CBR MP3 with meencoder), they are "broke" as far as WinXP's Media Player 8.x is concerned!!!

The funny thing is that Win9x Media Player 6.x (to be specific version 6.01.05.0217, which is not the latest from M$), plays these AVI's JUST fine!!
Also note that on WinXP the player from Divx5.x (www.divx.com) playz the said AVI's just fine. So it's something between mencoder's output and M$ Media Player 8.x (and I assume 7.x as it's the same piece of shit software as far as I can tell)