[MPlayer-dev-eng] URGENT ASSISTANCE

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Sep 16 22:01:45 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > what about closing this list from non-subscribed postings?
>
> I'm all for it! -users should probably stay open, but the devel list
> has no reason to be open. In fact, closing it to non-subscribers will
> also keep lots of the user posts that don't belong on this list off of
> it, since most of the people sending that stuff aren't subscribed (I
> would assume, anyway).

anyway IMHO the -users list should be closed too, to keep users
who are lazy to subscribe and ask for cc: away.

also i'll close teh cvslog list too, it's really no need to post there
unless you want to comment on a commit, but they are subscribed already
otherwise they can't reply :)

i have an idea, but i doubt its' easy to impelment,e specially as i don't
know python. maybe we could allow _reply_ to a mail without subscription,
and keep only initial posting (starting new thread) limited.
but rethinking, it has no sense :)
if he isn't subscribed, he can't reply... unless he has multiple
addresses...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team