[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-advusers] ANNOUNCE: MPlayer-0.90pre7 RPM packages available

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Sep 7 13:00:26 CEST 2002

On Saturday, 07 September 2002, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > New in this release:
> > - reorganized package layout (now we have mplayer-common, mplayer and
> > mplayer-gui)
> > - subfont tool included as mplayer_subfont (in mplayer-tools package)
> > - fixed locale issues with GUI (patch by Dietrich Clau.)
> > - enabled building with freetype 2.0.9 (patch by Andreas Hess)
> >
> > Primary download location below. Mirrors should catch up soon.
>
> what about adding -RPM or something sign in the version string ?
> so we could see on bugreports if they are using your package, esecially
> as it's patches compared to the source tarball release but has the
> same version namber

Well, there's RPM package release number, so the full version string looks
like this:
$ rpm -q mplayer
mplayer-0.90pre7-1

If that's not enough, I can patch the source to show different version string
in mplayer -v. Would you like me to do that?

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/