[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD Vbr Libary

Clemens Wächter clemenswaechter at web.de
Tue Sep 3 18:27:53 CEST 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:09:02 +0200 (CEST)
Christoph Lampert <chl at math.uni-bonn.de> wrote:

Hello,

> If you use it now, be aware of that. For the moment, the main
> advantage, is that it's 100% GPL.
> If divx4_vbr.c is still the one I "wrote" long ago, that still has
> OpenDivX license code in it.
>
> Christoph

Now that is interesting. Diego asked for volunteers some days ago to
reimplement it to solve these licensing issues. I decided to have
a deep look into it and try to do the reimplementation.

Do you think this pays off, or will the library be ready for use
soon instead?
Can you tell me which parts in particular are subject to the
OpenDivX license?

This would help me a lot.

With kind regards

Clemens