[MPlayer-dev-eng] PVA format demuxer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Sep 3 18:02:55 CEST 2002

> Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough

you shouldn't cut the log, i'm ineterested in teh first lines of demuxer
opening, with option -v

> Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder v2.0
> libmpeg2: Using MMXEXT for IDCT transform
> libmpeg2: Using MMXEXT for motion compensation
> VDec: codec didn't set sh->disp_w and sh->disp_h, trying to workaround!

hmm.

i susspose you've added new DEMUXER_TYPE_something define, but you
didn't add it to the mpeg-es demuxer and initialization stuff of video.c
(video_read_properties() and video_read_frame())

> What I was thinking now is: is there any constraint about how the
> demuxed data should be divided into demux packets or is it ininfluent?

it doesn't matter, video.c contains mpeg-es demuxer (split mpeg es stream to
video frames)
(yes it's a hack now and will be removed later when i redesign the mpeg demuxer)

> Thanks for your patience, I must admit that probably these questions
> sound silly to you...

it would be much easier if i could see the modifications, this way i can
only guess what did you do right or wrong...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team