[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mozilla Plugin

Ryan Hayle hackel at walkingfish.com
Sat Oct 19 04:08:15 CEST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 Andrew Docherty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't done any development on MPlayer before, but I'm interested
> in writing a plugin for mozilla, I've fiddled around with this and
> have a rudimentary plugin working - so it seems to be quite feasible.
>
> Before going any further I'd like to know if anyone else has also
> started on this, has almost finished, has suggestions for which
> direction I should head or any other comments.
>
> Regards,
>      Andrew

Hey Andrew, I was just wondering if you ever pursued this, or passed off
your initial code to anyone.  I've seen the plugin from Webfreetv -
http://www.webfreetv.com/linux/ - though I couldn't make it work at
all.  I'd love to see a plugin interface as part of mplayer, and if you
contributed your code to cvs, perhaps some other interested parties
would get into it...just a thought.

Thanks,
Ryan