[MPlayer-dev-eng] [bug] another ratecontrol issue

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Oct 31 03:19:40 CET 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:24:31AM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > One thing I just found out aditionally: if I leave out the rescaling
> > then no segfault happens at all (of course not in vf_scale.c, but
> btw, why do you rescale 352x240 to 352x264 ? (just curious)

Stupid NTSC VCD's are 352x240 but intended to be played at 4:3 aspect.
Personally I prefer scaling them down to 320x240, since I like my
output to be 240-line for output to NTSC TV. Or sometimes, if the VCD
has black borders on the sides (very common) I'll just crop to 320 and
ignore the fact that the aspect isn't perfect.

Rich