[MPlayer-dev-eng] (no subject)

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Mon Oct 28 20:41:06 CET 2002

lucho wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Can anyone guide me what is the protocol for submitting patches for
> the mplayer, please!
> I made an attempt at submitting a patch, but it was just like sending
> message out to the
> open cosmos with the hidden hope that it will reach some alien
> civilization.

The aliens probably wouldn't reply in just four hours ;)

I tried this patch out and it doesn't look bad but I guess Arpi&Co are
now busy with releasing pre10. I could commit this but currently there
are already lots of things which could break the build so I won't add
another one now. Please wait at least until tomorrow.

Regarding the patch format, it's better so make a diff -ur instead of
doing the separate diffs, at least in the case when the changes belong
logically together. It's pretty boring to apply every patch separately.

> Are you not interested of patches/mails/etc from unknown for you people?

A few months ago I was in the same situation.

> If so, sorry for bothering you.

This isn't the case.

> Lucho

Regards,