[MPlayer-dev-eng] libpostproc.so

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Oct 28 18:41:01 CET 2002

Hi,

> ive just mostly finished the postproc cleanup, iam sending a patch instead of
> cvs commiting it because it allso allows compilation as a shared lib ;)
> ill commit it to CVS in 24h if noone objects
hmm
maybe we could include in in pre10 today? for wide users testing :)

i think pre10 will be a 'we know it's unstable, but test it please :)' release

> Changes:
> remove -npp (-npp de,lb -> -vop pp=de/lb)
does the hex values still work? (-vop pp=0x77 or 0x20000)
what about the -autoq support?

> remove opendivx #ifdefs
ok

> remove rk1 filter
why?

> remove stuff which had a //obsolete comment
what?

> add -1,4,2,4,-1 deinterlacing filter (ffmpeg uses that)
great

> threadsafe / no more non-const globals
heh. kabi will be happy at least :)

> some optimizations
cool

> cleanup
more cool :)

> different strides for Y,U,V possible
even more cool :))

> remove ebx usage (someone really should fix gcc, this is really lame)
heh. speed loss?

> change the dering filter slightly (tell me if its worse for any files)
hmm. i've never noticed any quality improve using dering, just made image
blurry - btw, the deblocking filters could be better, imho
(compared to msmpeg4/wmv pp)

> the default is to compile a static pp (use ./configure --enable-shared-pp for
> the .so)
ok

> note, the API/ABI is very likely not stable yet
how much unstable?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team