[MPlayer-dev-eng] Potential bug in x11 based drivers ??

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sat Oct 26 15:10:53 CEST 2002

Hi,

as i wrote in earlier message, I'm currently rewriting the config system. It's now
reaching alpha state :) TODO is now : more testing and adding it in mplayer along
with the old one with all needed #ifdef.

The new version is now saving all options, so when a new entry is opened all options
are on default or an user setting (before it was only saving the options set by the
user).
This quickly showed a problem with all x11 driver. vo_init is called only 1 time
during the first (pre?)init, and vo_unint() when mplayer exit. That's fine but this
function setup several option (like vo_screen_width, etc) that are then reverted for
the next entry -> vo_screen_width == 0 wich crash the fs code.
I post this bcs this bug may be triggered with the current mplayer if you use
smthg like : mplayer -vo x11 file1 ...... file5 -vo vo_blah file6 .... and vo_blah
set vo_screen_width, etc to some other values (bcs it use a different monitor
for e.g). Then when you come to file6 (wich must use vo_x11) vo_screen_width, etc
are trashed and vo_x11 assume they are valid bcs vo_init was alredy called :((
IMHO vo_init should at least check that all vo_* vars (wich are libvo globals and
thus may be modified by any other vo) are valid even if it was alredy called.

Also a liitle question about -fixed-vo, when I use it i can't use another vo for
some entries. I thought that it was just avoiding to close/reopen if possible
(when the user isn't asking for a different vo than the previous 1) or does it mean
that mplayer will use 1 and only 1 vo for all entries ?

	Albeu