[MPlayer-dev-eng] A new little feature, and lirc without fork

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Oct 24 00:15:21 CEST 2002

Hi,

> so it should be completely libmpcemux-independent, an external func (in
> mplayer.c??) called as callback from libmpdemux.
>
> we could either
> - force libmpdemux users to implement at least a dummy function for this
>   (always returning false)
implemented.
your code moved to libinput, where it belongs to, imho

> > I hope to have a first patch ready in the next days for the first
> > step. I must said that i'm a bit afraid in touching this config stuff
> > again but it relly need a big cleanup :(
>
> then left it as-is. the config part works, the playtree part is messy but we
> used to it already.

i've killed the unneeded m_config_register_*() calls, without messing too
much with the globals - i didn't moved all out, and even the ones i touch
were already globals with a few exception in the demuxer core.

i don't say that the m_config_* _concept_ is wrong, it's ok, but the current
implementation was useless.
just look at the network.c file before and after my today commit.
you had 1 page of code per variable to get its value - while the variable
was declared at the beginnning of the file. i mean that http user/pass and
cache size.

hey, we are not xine, we don't have to introduce many pages of useless
overcomplicated oop-style code when there are much simpler and cleaner
solutions. if you have a subconfig struct somewhere, just export it, instead
of adding a new struct with pointer to subconfig, and a function which
callbacks with the address of the pointer-keeper struct and then a middle
func which calls this function...  just export the first pointer and add the
reference to the main config struct. isn't it simpler?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team