[MPlayer-dev-eng] new manpage options

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Sat Oct 19 10:19:37 CEST 2002

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 04:51:21AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Jonas Jermann writes:
>  > Some additions/changes, plz check!
>
> Jonas, you're doing a hell of a great job on the man page lately!
>
> Minor spelling nit:
> s/carefull/careful/g
>
>  > Btw, it took me quite a while to add all new lavc options.
>  > I'm tending for a better solution than to keep up both the
>  > libavc-options.txt and mplayer.1. IMHO all option description
>  > should only be mentioned in the man page and the rest should be
>  > added to a detailed and good encoding guide, maybe combined with
>  > the encoding html documentation in some sane structured way.
>
> I think it was decided that libavc-options.txt will be deprecated in
> favor of the man page at some point in the future.  I haven't checked
> if both documents are fully synced ATM, if they are we should drop
> libavc-options.txt.  Was/is your sync complete?

Yeah.

But the libabavc-options.txt contains many hints/further
informations I didn't include in the man page (IMHO it already
contains a lot ;). I thought thought about using them in a new
encoding guide, donno. But I'm not sure if all those very technical
things belong to an encoding guide (and if Michael likes to
update it). What do you think?
A similar case is vop.txt and sws*.txt.

Regards
    Jonas