[MPlayer-dev-eng] ogm support

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Tue Oct 15 22:10:21 CEST 2002

hi,

i think this question is more approperiate to mplayer-dev-eng than to
mplayer-users...

as we know ogm support is not perfect... the seeking sometimes produces
garbled picture until the next keyframe reached....

my question is :
what's the status on this problem?

not-going-to-anything because we don't like that format?
sorry, but noone is able to figure out how to do it?
sorry, but noone has time to do it?
sorry, but noone is interested in doing it?
sorry, but you have to wait for a bigger rewrite?

as you know on windows the seeking works 100%.
tobias ( the autor of the ogm-playback-codec on windows ) hasn't
released the sources yet, i contacted him, he told me that he's going to
release them, and sent me some sources that might help me to implement
ogm support... but i don't have the time/knowledge to do it ( diploma
thesis + job :-((( ), so if anyone's interested i can send the sources
to that person.

i'm only asking because i think this format is a really nice ( maybe not
perfect, but who is :-) , i like to be able to put more data into one
file like more audio streams, text streams, whatever.

thanks
gabor

--
listening to Mylene Farmer - Comme j'ai mal