[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer fails to play avi-file

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Tue Oct 15 11:25:42 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 09:16, Svante Signell wrote:
> gabor writes:
>  > On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 08:34, Svante Signell wrote:
>  > > Arpi writes:
>  > >  > Hi,
>  > >  >
>  > >  > 1. wrong maillist for such user questions
>  > >
>  > > I think this is the correct list since the slowness is inherent in
>  > > mplayer itself. Also I'm using the latest CVS sources in addition to
>  > > released versions. Xine handles this file acceptably, why not
>  > > mplayer... Please tell me how to debug/profile mplayer playing this
>  > > specific file: At least I can try to find the cause of slowness using
>  > > the debugger/profiler.
>  >
>  > bugreports go to mplayer-users at .... it's a rule created by the mplayer
>  > developers....
> I would not call the problems a bug, is it?

i'm not an authority at mplayer, but i think the logic behing
mplayer-users and mplayer-dev-eng is the following:

discussion about development of mplayer by developers ( by people who
do, or are going to do, or planning to do some programming on mplayer )
is done at mplayer-dev-eng.

patches ( code improvements ) are sent to mplayer-dev-eng as well...

all other discussion should go to mplayer-users..

so, if u have a problem, then:
if you can create a patch to fix it, contact mplayer-dev-eng
if you can't , contact mplayer-users

:-))

bye,
gabor