[MPlayer-dev-eng] swscaler - any chance of rgb8 output?

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sun Oct 13 23:38:16 CEST 2002

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 03:48:22PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Currently there are 3 filters to do teh colorspace conversion:
> -vop scale - uses swscaler, converts near everything to near everything
> -vop yuy2 - converts yv12/422p -> yuy2 (packed yuv)
> -vop palette - converts rgb8/bgr8 -> rgb/bgr 15/16/24/32

> the other way would be adding rgb/bgr8 input and yuy2 output support to
> swscaler. so it could do things like yv12->yuy2 upscaling or rgb8->yv12
> in single step... any volunteers?

I'll try it.  Also, how about adding paletted output for swscale?
Does such a thing make sense?  I have code in vo_gif89a that dithers
into 255 paletted colors already, but I like the idea of moving this
into video filters.  Then the gif vo would be very very simple.
It would just accept the paletted frames and compress and output
them to a file.

And yes, I realize how little everyone cares about gif's.  :)
But I just can't help it, they're so cute.

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--Joey

--

"Keep on truckin'." --Darth Vader