[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH: experimental DVB input

nsabbi@libero.it nsabbi at libero.it
Sat Oct 12 01:24:39 CEST 2002

Hello,
attached is an initial implementation of an input layer from DVB cards.

It can read a vdr configuration file, named ~/.mplayer/channels.conf,
and (sometimes) change channel up and down using 'h' and 'k' keys.
I wrote sometimes because it hangs in certain situations, that to my
experience seem to be:
-either change in resolution
-or change in bitrate.

Additionally it adds the following parameters to mplayer:
-dvbin with sub-options:
on=1 (required)
aid=<id>
vid=<id>
freq=<frequency / 1000)
srate=<symbol-rate / 1000>
pol=[VH]

e.g.: mplayer -dvbin on=1:vid=160:aid=80:freq=11766:pol=V:srate=27500

The code needs serious cleanups:
- an MPEG  TS->PS pipe attached to the streaming layer needs to be
removed and substituted with something else. I know it's _REALLY_
horrible but
I didn't have any other way to test the code;
-I used a new stream_type because I want to be able to add teletext
support in the future
- many others, maybe the streaming model  I built isn't the most adapt.

The code was all taken from dvbstream written by David Chapman and
mpegtools written by R. & M. Metzler (thanks
very much!); there's no support for Diseqc because I never understood
which the **** Diseqc commands are available. Can anyone explain,
please?

I generated the patch with diff -Naur against the lates cvs.

I hope to receive feedback and especially to get help
to make it clean and better.

Thanks,
               Nico Sabbi