[MPlayer-dev-eng] Best method to communicate 2 process w/ sync

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Fri Oct 11 02:15:20 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm writting an audio filter to new Mplayer system. It's function is
analyse the data and output it to other programs.

By now I'm using FIFO, but to get sync, I need to set it blocking. The
problem is that until anything read the FIFO, Mplayers got blocked, no
sound, no video.

I want to make it a way that sotwares could start/stop to read any
time, without blocking Mplayer.

I've looked ad MMap, not tested, but I think it will desync.

Anyone could please point me some directions?

Gustavo