[MPlayer-dev-eng] ANNOUNCE: new audio filter layer in use

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Oct 10 05:29:28 CEST 2002

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:21:14AM +0800, Anders Johansson wrote:

> > > If some other art of mplayer/mencoder has added or gotten the address
> > > to a filter during playback of one movie, that pointer will be invalid
> > > when the next movie starts playing. Another problem is that
> > > dynamically added or removed filters will be gone. All this will cause
> > > problems in the interface to the filter layer. It can be worked around
> > > but the fix will be quite ugly.
> >
> > This is the way it's supposed to work, just like video filters. If you
> > want dynamic added filters to be persistent across movies, remember
> > which ones were added and re-add them for the next movie. But trying
> > to keep the same filter chain makes no sense.
>
> why?

It doesn't fit with mplayer's normal playlist config system, IMHO at
least. What you're looking for is more of an interactive/gui type
feature, and although I agree that it could be useful, I think it
should be implemented at a layer outside of the main mplayer/libaf
code, so that things work as expected in the basic command line case.

Rich