[MPlayer-dev-eng] ANNOUNCE: new audio filter layer in use

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 9 03:14:01 CEST 2002

> > Also I have found a problem with how the af_stream is allocated: The
> > stream should be allocated per session not per file. If not the
> why???

If some other art of mplayer/mencoder has added or gotten the address
to a filter during playback of one movie, that pointer will be invalid
when the next movie starts playing. Another problem is that
dynamically added or removed filters will be gone. All this will cause
problems in the interface to the filter layer. It can be worked around
but the fix will be quite ugly.

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

//Anders