[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: BUG! Fwd: [MPlayer-users] bugreport: alsa9 ... desync

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Oct 8 01:18:15 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > but if i load the oss wrapper, it works with -ao oss, so the driver
> > (emu10k1, for old sb live) works but something is wrong woth ao_alsa9 or the
> > alsa interface/driver itself?
>
> Did you run the snddevices script ?
no

> Do you have the symlink in /dev (From /dev/snd to /proc/asound/dev) ?
argh. thanks, it was missing.
after ln -s /proc/asound/dev /dev/snd it works!

> Does the directory /proc/asound/dev exist ?
yes

> I had the problem that /proc/asound/dev was missing which was fixed by
> disabling devfs support in the kernel...
i don't use devfs

btw i've tried some earlier 0.9.0-pre version of ALSA ~ half year ago and it
worked out-of-box after 'make install'. hmm maybe it was before i've
reinstalled linux... but i've never made such symlinks myself.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team