[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer XMMS-embedded-qtopia plugin - crosspost from mplayer-users

James Lancaster james at kirk.math.twsu.edu
Mon Oct 7 17:19:32 CEST 2002

On Saturday 21 September 2002 12:24, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > a Qt gui for mplayer, and I can guarantee that a Qt gui will not get
> > accepted into CVS. :)
>
> "yet" ?? :)

just a question, (and seperate from making it a plugin) but if a couple of
libSDL calls could be made to tell Qtopia to let mplayer have the screen,
would essentially #ifdef ZAURUS be acceptable, or something like that?

> > BTW, why not just use it without gui??
>
> no keyboard...

Actually the Zaurus has a nearly-full (very mini) keyboard hidden behind the
buttons on the top (which do work for seeking, and such)
The reason to use it with a gui (it works nicely without a GUI, for most
things) is that it doesn't play nice with QT/Embedded, as it writes directly
to framebuffer, and has to be launched from the terminal (which Sharp doesn't
install by default, because they are trying to have it look as any other PDA
does, and hide the linux underneath it, for the general user, but it is quite
easy to add a terminal in or just stop it before Qtopia starts.)

Alas, mplayer isn't finding libSDL (my fault, I am pretty certain), and it
does have issues (due to resampling/sound and sometimes complex divx files)
about playing files on the zaurus.

James L