[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer-dev-eng digest, Vol 1 #1365 - 4 msgs

Vladimir Moushkov vlindos_mpdev at abv.bg
Sun Oct 6 15:12:01 CEST 2002

 >Message: 1
 >Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 00:32:20 +0200
 >From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
 >To: mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu
 >Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Addedd more support for smb://
 >
 >Hi,
 >
 >1. NEVER EVER post teh same mail twice.
Look, I really apologize about that. I working RAM punished system (other why to call KDE Desktop Computer ;) so the konqueror is strange on this situations... but whethever,
 >2. go and read DOCS/tech/patches.txt, NEVER send the whole files, just the
 >   changes. especially when you're patching an obsolete version instead of CVS.
done! I would make that way the first time, but I have no CVS version so... whetever.

 >3. don't even post such hacks as described vbellow, we won't accept it for
 >   the CVS. I agree that it should be fixed, but the right fix is using the
 >   stream layer for subtitle reading too, instead of such mess.
 >
 >> Firstly I've copy sub_filename top sub_filename_collect, then modifed
 >> mplayer.c to call first sub_filename_collect when collection mode is detected.
 >> sub_filename_collect -> it is just like sub_filename api, but returns
 >> always NULL, and I've added support opening file from smb://  if detect
 >> subtitle can be opened from smb:// this function download it from SMB/Cifs
 >> server to ~/.mplayer/sub the subtitle quits.
done! attached files are only for the new smb:// stream (2 files).  But let me disagree - yeah it is really hack but also advantice. I don't know what is the main idea but MPlayer is complex tool for watchin video that includes support not only start local file to X11... I mean it have so many abilities, why to not have one more which can be on/off depends on command line switch