[MPlayer-dev-eng] ANNOUNCE: new audio filter layer in use

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Sun Oct 6 13:13:14 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > The new af layer is not stable yet, so please test it I want to find
> > the bugs. The code is auto-configuring so I think there will be quite a
> > lot of issues before it gets stable. Also delay in the filters is not
> hmm so maybe we should disable it for 0.90 ?

Depends on how far away 0.90 is, I think we should give the new layer
at least 2 weeks before it is included in any release.

> > 2. Add functionality to enable filters on the command-line (what should
> >    the switch be called?).
>
> -af

Done, and -format switch is added as well both to mplayer and mencoder.

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

btw, I think there might be a memory leak (not sure), afs is allocated
in init_audio_filters() but it is not freed in  uninit_audio() (only
set to NULL? Is there anything i have missed?

//Anders