[MPlayer-dev-eng] Addedd more support for smb://

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Oct 6 00:32:20 CEST 2002

Hi,

1. NEVER EVER post teh same mail twice.
2. go and read DOCS/tech/patches.txt, NEVER send the whole files, just the
   changes. especially when you're patching an obsolete version instead of CVS.
3. don't even post such hacks as described vbellow, we won't accept it for
   the CVS. I agree that it should be fixed, but the right fix is using the
   stream layer for subtitle reading too, instead of such mess.

> Firstly I've copy sub_filename top sub_filename_collect, then modifed
> mplayer.c to call first sub_filename_collect when collection mode is detected.
> sub_filename_collect -> it is just like sub_filename api, but returns
> always NULL, and I've added support opening file from smb://  if detect
> subtitle can be opened from smb:// this function download it from SMB/Cifs
> server to ~/.mplayer/sub the subtitle quits.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team