[MPlayer-dev-eng] Addedd more support for smb://

Vladimir Moushkov vlindos_mpdev at abv.bg
Sat Oct 5 23:59:04 CEST 2002

Hi there again,
I've stop trying to make subreader.c to read subtitles dynamicly from smb:// instead of that I've created MPlayer collection mode (-sc/-nosc switches see the man page included). In collection mode MPlayer takes copy of viewed subtitle file into ~/.mplayer/sub then continues as always... But whats the different :
Firstly I've copy sub_filename top sub_filename_collect, then modifed mplayer.c to call first sub_filename_collect when collection mode is detected.
sub_filename_collect -> it is just like sub_filename api, but returns always NULL, and I've added support opening file from smb://  if detect subtitle can be opened from smb:// this function download it from SMB/Cifs server to ~/.mplayer/sub the subtitle quits.
Yeah I now this is kind of hack But I find it great ... but about the moment there is no support for http:// and even file:// (local file). You may add it or help me to add it so there should be then final release of the patch.
That's all folks!
regards: Vladimir Moushkov <vlindos at abv.bg>

http://www.Netinfo.bg - Новият дизайн!