[MPlayer-dev-eng] preliminary DVB-input code ready, but...

nsabbi@libero.it nsabbi at libero.it
Fri Oct 4 23:47:00 CEST 2002

Hi,
I took MUCH code from dvbstream (THANKS DAVE CHAPMAN!) and created a
patch for mplayer to enable it to input data from a DVB card (mine is
Hauppage Nova-S) and change channel using VDR's configuration file (h
and k change up and down as in the case of TV-input).

The code is working and I tried to keep it as clean and un-invasive as
possible, but being this my first code for mplayer it could be
ill-conceived.

So far I've been using a pipe/fork mechanism to transform mpeg ts to
ps, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to test it, but obviously this
method doesn't have a future.

Besides, libmpeg2 doesn't like very much sudden changes in the data,
as one time out of tree after a channel change it locks mplayer.
You can imagine how pleasant it is to debug.

@A'rpi: will your new demuxer be released soon?
Or otherwise can you suggest me a better temporary solution, please?

Can anyone explain me how to patch configure? Without it I won't be
able to release the patch.

Thanks,

            Nico