[MPlayer-dev-eng] New audio filter layer finished

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Oct 2 22:59:08 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > now, the problems.
> > i've tried to play the matrix 1 trailer .vob (2.0ch 48khz ac3) wiht -srate
> > 44100 and i got strange noise, clicks sometimes.
>
> I get these as well but only when using your version. I don't have
> time to look at it now. I'll try to look at the problem tomorrow.

ok i've found the bug, in your code, af_resample.c:downsample() :

    i = s->i; wi = s->wi; xi = s->xi;
    while(in < end){
      ADDQUE(xi,x,in);
      in+=nch;
      if(!--i){
        ^^^^^^
the bug is here!  s->i is initialized to 0 by memset() at allocation.
so, at first run it will --i, resulting 65535 (i was uint_16) and it took
some time while it reached zero. so, it skipped 65535 samples.
now it drops 4Gigs of audio samples, as i was changed to uint_32 :)

i've changed that if to if((--i)<=0)  and now works fine even with my patch.
is it ok? i'm not sure, maybe if(!i--) is better. dunno.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team