[MPlayer-dev-eng] New audio filter layer finished

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 2 12:22:35 CEST 2002

Hi,

> it's probably caused by 16bit arith used there!??

I tested, and I am not sure that it will happen as it calculates
number of samples rather than number of bytes (perhaps it can happen
in your version). But it could become a problem in the future so i
have changed it.

>   uint16_t              len   = 0;              // Number of input samples
>
> etc
>
> why is int16 used everywhere ?

I examined the assembly output and concluded that the code was
better optimized when I used 16bit aritmetics... It is a bit wierd now
when I think about it, It should be the same. I have to look at it
some day...

> buffers may be (and are) larger than 65535.
>

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

//Anders