[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer for use in a consumer device?

Stewart Apelzin sapelzin at liberate.com
Mon Nov 4 21:09:37 CET 2002

Hello,

I'm Stew Apelzin, a Project Manager at Liberate Technologies (http://www.liberate.com).  Liberate develops software for operating and navigating  television-related products.

I am working with a partner on a project where our software would be embedded in a LINUX based, multi-function device.  One function of the device is the playing of DVDs.  We are exploring how to do DVD navigation.   MPlayer looks like a good fit for what we are trying to accomplish.  The code is listed as GPL, is there a way that we can adapt it for commercial use?  Also, have you done any work toward an embedded solution that would fit in a small memory footprint?

Thank you,
Stew

Stewart Apelzin - AsiaPacific Solutions
          sapelzin at liberate.com