[mplayer-dev-eng] Enhance GUI

Rüdiger Kuhlmann mplayer-list-UGa6JdjLujS2 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Fri Nov 29 02:08:35 CET 2002

>--[Zoltan Ponekker]--<pontscho at kac.poliod.hu>

> > accordingly. Also, it adds a button to select the next existing audio
> > channel. I adopted my skin to that. Same URL as above again. Please have a
> > look again.

> 1. not working with dvd

Well, it's for FILEs with several audio channels. There is already GUI
support for DVDs with several audio, at least via the menu, while it wasn't
for movie files. Feel free to adopt it to work with DVD... or at least be
somewhat more specific about "not working with dvd". Since I'm hacking
on mplayer only since very recently, I'm no genius on it...

> 2. too complicated, you don't use mplEventHandling's parameters

Haha, there wasn't a guiIntfStruct.demuxer when I made the patch. There's
also no documentation about GUI support with an integer argument, so how can
I know? And I still don't see how I can make an integer-selecting "button".

> 3. not working with video only file's

?? Video only files don't have audio, so what's there to select?

> But the idea is good :)

Thanks :-)

> I make this feature in late night :)

So? If all needed for DVD is a goto (*yuck*) play, then I have that...

Maybe interpolating the audio/video channel for dlabels would be an idea as
well.

Anyway, it still suffers from the problem that the file header is only read
when the file is read, which isn't before the user asks it to be played. So
you can't select the audio stream before you start playing it. Which somehow
sucks.

Btw, did you notice that it's pre10 except in debian/changelog?

Is there anyone who might be of help with the i18n/UTF8 bugs?

Yours, Rüdiger.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.