[MPlayer-dev-eng] quicktime news - we did it again? :)

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Mon Nov 25 19:17:43 CET 2002

Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
 > Hi,
 >

 >>Ok some good news is coming: i'm playing svq3+qdm2 mov without(!)
 >>libwine right now :)
 >>using the builtin loader (with lots of uncommited modifications,
 >>mostly done by Alex) and a hacked quicktime.qts (actually some init
 >>calls replaced with NOPs so we don't have to emulate directx, windows
 >>font manager and some other messy things we don't need anyway)
 >>
 >>it'll take ages to cleanup this hack but it will be done soon.
 >
 > commited win32.c!
 > EVERYONE SHOULD TEST qtx and any other dlls!
 > (non-qtx should be test with and without --enable-qtx-codecs too!)

so now it's enough to get a fresh copy from cvs,
configure --enable-qtx-codecs and that's all?
because it didn't work for me:

ok, so i went to test it...

i got the newest cvs, configure --disable-vidix --enable-freetype
-enable-qtx-codecs...

make
"
libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a(ad_qtaudio.o)(.text+0x4c6): In function `uninit':
: undefined reference to `FreeLibrary'
"

and some more (like getprocaddress..)
bye,