[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer as streaming server?

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Sun Nov 24 04:47:22 CET 2002

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to make mplayer a streaming server. I
ask this 'cause one of the problems I have is that I must encode (live
security camera) and still be able to view the movie and do time
shifting, both local and remote (that's why I asked for a streaming
server).

There is a way to do this using mplayer or other program? How about
building a new output interface to mencoder(it's possible? how
difficult would it be?)?

Also, anybody interested in making mplayer/mencoder a security camera
recorder, please mail me. I'm working on this.

BTW, the bmovl (video filter) works with mencoder? I tried but got some
fifo errors...

Sorry if I mailed the wrong list, if I should mailed the -users list
please adivice me.

Really thanks,

Gustavo