[MPlayer-dev-eng] More on mangle

Björn Sandell biorn at dce.chalmers.se
Sun Nov 24 00:20:56 CET 2002

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 00:21:58 +0100
Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > loader/stubs.s
> > > mp3lib/dct36_3dnow.s
> > > mp3lib/dct36_k7.s
> >
> > Arpi, can you please tell me when you'll rename them in cvs, so I cann commit
> > then?
>
> i don't like this patch, for 2 reasons:
>
> - it will make mplayer gcc-dependent (am i right?)
>   (i doubt that icc or any other c compiler will eat these .S files)

Wrong, gmake handles it by running a preprocessor eg.

$ gmake dct36_k7.o
gcc -E  dct36_k7.S > dct36_k7.s
gcc -c -W -Wall -O2 -march=i686 -mcpu=i686 -g  -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/local/include  -o dct36_k7.o dct36_k7.s

--
Björn Sandell       DCE/DFS Sysadmin       IT department
Chalmers University of Technology    www.dce.chalmers.se