[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sorry, but can I add licence lines in sources?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Nov 23 22:25:40 CET 2002

Hi

On Saturday 23 November 2002 21:36, Andrea Mennucc wrote:
> hi Dariusz and all other mplayer developers
>
> I see  that Dariusz is asking to mplayer developers to add the GPL
> copyright line to source files :
>  I hope that we will be able to put mplayer in Debian soon!
i hope debian will ever treat multimedia software like other software, i mean
if they would reject software because of missing copyright headers in a few
files than there would be practically nothing left in debian, even the kernel
has plenty of files with no copyright, just grep it if u dont belive it

> instead: what about the code
> libavcodec/fdctref.c
>  that is copyrighted
> /* Copyright (C) 1996, MPEG Software Simulation Group. All Rights Reserved.
> */
>
> this does not seem to GPL. Where does this code come from?
MPEG Software Simulation Group perhaps ;)

its not compiled or linked, u can delete it from ur local tree if u like, its
just used for the dct-test program which is not compiled by default and it
could be that this file is GPL compatible anyway, i dunno, IANAL & i didnt
add that one to CVS

[...]

Michael